2017 summer season external shoots
As I’d like to see many club members participating in external events, I’ve made the overview below for your convenience. You can find more tournaments either on the Archery GB calendar (only shows UK/World record status events), or better on the diary published by Brighton Bowmen. There is a choice of events every weekend!
- Sunday April 23rd: Ken Inkley memorial, Nene Bowmen, held in Peterborough. The round shot is an American (30 arrows each at 60, 50, and 40 yards. Shorter distances for juniors). Usually a fair few of us going. Registration form here.
- Sunday May 7th: Kestrels Archery Club, Biggleswade. Rounds are St. George/Albion/Windsors (3 dozen each over 3 distances). Registration form here.
- Sunday June 4th: SCAS/BCAA Clout championships, Caddington near Dunstable. It is a double, two-way imperial clout. Gents shoot at 9 score (180) yards, ladies at 7 score (140). Shorter distances for juniors. You might have to tick on the registration form that you’ve received “instruction in clout shooting”, just do so, I can give that instruction. This is something different and very good fun. And you’ll be surprised how far you can shoot even with a relatively light poundage bow (if you’ve got carbon arrows)! Registration form here.
- Saturday June 17th and Sunday June 18th: Netherhall Archers World Archery weekend, Cambridge. This is a more serious tournament with World Record Status, but good to do. On the Saturday the shoot is a 70m (50m for compounds) WA720 ranking round followed by head to head matches in Olympic style. On the Sunday it is a full WA1440 round (36 arrows each at 4 distances: 90/70/50/30m for gents, 70/60/50/30m for ladies). If there are still spaces available it’s a very good experience to shoot here. Registration form here.
- Sunday June 25th: Presidents & Pairs shoot (Bedfordshire inter-club informal tournament), this year in Dunstable. Round shot is a Western (4 dozen each at 60yds and 50yds). No registration form yet.
- Saturday July 15th and Sunday July 16th: SCAS/BCAA double WA1440 star, Ampthill. This again is a big tournament, with full WA1440 rounds being shot on both days. The Saturday doubles as the official Bedfordshire target archery championships. Registration form here.
- Sunday July 30th: Jolly Archers Western, Huntingdon. A relatively informal shoot. Rounds are Westerns at a maximum distance of 60yds (or shorter). Registration form here.
I hope to see many of you shooting at these tournaments. I will be at all of them.