On April 22nd 2017, LAD is having an all day fund raiser of Vintage/Antique/Retro stalls from 11am-4pm & in the evening a Glam Rock extravaganza with The Original Juke Box Heroes check out [...]
Life Amid Debt, St Neots exists to help the growing number of people facing money and debt problems.
LAD knows about debt. Some of the team have been there themselves. They came out the other side. So can you!
We are a registered charity offering a FREE, CONFIDENTIAL service to the residents of Cambridgeshire. ‘Face to face’ advice is available in St Neots via drop-in and in Huntingdon by appointment. We also provide a phone and email service to all local areas. See our contact page for full details.
Why are we needed when there are big ‘household names’ in the area, such as the CAB and AgeUK? Debt is a growing problem and, with cuts in their budgets, other agencies are struggling to cope. There always seems to be room for more debt advice.
LAD specialises in treating the whole of a client’s debt issues, offering emotional support in addition to practical help, where we are requested to do so.
Local housing associations have identified to Life Amid Debt an increase in people struggling to pay their rent. We are working closely with some of them to help you to keep the roof over your head.
We recognise that:
People are often reluctant to come forward for help.
Many organisations that help people with financial issues deal only with specific issues and have little time to support individuals. People with financial worries often have a range of issues that need to be addressed.
People become isolated because of the stigma attached to debt.
LAD encourages and supports their clients to act on their own behalf. We teach life skills to help you manage your finances and give you the confidence to take action. Having someone to talk to means a lot. As the saying goes “a problem shared is a problem halved”. We can’t exactly take half the burden of debt from you but we can promise to make you feel like someone is on your side and offer you advice and practical assistance that will put you on the path towards a debt-free future. Where an area of advice is beyond our remit, LAD will carefully sign-post you to specialist organisations.
Our aim is to help you get your life back.
Life Amid Debt Twitter Feed
- After an interview on BBC Radio Cambridge regarding Credit Card debt that is rapidly increasing LAD Life Amid Debt in St Neots is very busy. 3 years ago
- @CFGtweets Please can you advise how a small local debt Charity in Cambridgeshire can raise funding to keep going.... Ann 3 years ago
- Is there anyone out there who is a solicitor and can do DRO's sadly our solicitor isnt going to renew her membership with IMA???? LAD 3 years ago
- RT @lifeamiddebt : Have you all got your tickets or you can pay on the door, Saturday April 22nd to see the Original Juke Box Heroes, Tempsf… 3 years ago
- Have you all got your tickets or you can pay on the door, Saturday April 22nd to see the Original Juke Box Heroes, Tempsford Village Hall, 3 years ago
Latest news from Life Amid Debt