We are a local Petanque league playing on Wednesday evenings at various public houses in the Cambridgeshire town of St Neots and surrounding area.
Petanque (sometimes known as French Boule) is thriving around here with some pubs fielding teams in three different local leagues. The great thing about the game is that it doesn’t require huge skill (although some might argue with that!) and the rules of play are very simple.
It is certainly a pleasant way to spend a summer evening. We play petanque every Wednesday from mid April through to late September, come rain or shine. Yes, we are a hardy bunch! The joy is in the relaxed friendly company, a few drinks and a rewarding snack at the end of the match kindly provided by the host venue.
St Neots Petanque League Twitter feed
- White Horse Petanque Is No More We had two teams playing here for many years but sadly we had to move to the Mille… https://t.co/1qisku7OsT 5 months ago
- https://t.co/u6uSfiF3fR 5 months ago
- Ongar Town Festival are holding a Triples Petanque Knockout challenge as part of their festivities on Sunday May 5t… https://t.co/zG2qHV0uWC 7 months ago
- Will see you there. Steve Holton https://t.co/3MgccFhB2B 7 months ago
- Hey you two CONGRATULATIONS on behalf of all your Petanque friends. 👏 Cath you look absolutely beautiful, and Nige… https://t.co/AIWwgq2kff 8 months ago